Welcome to the Volapük Vocabulary Lookup facility
|This will attempt to turn single English words into Volapük, and vice versa. Numerals are also dealt with (probably more successfully than the words!) |
And if you succeed in finding a Volapük equivalent for an English word, then you can play a little game which I have named pükabumöm.
|I will, however, need to manage your expectations...|
- By no stretch of the imagination is this Google Translate ! Do not try to be too ambitious - only one word at a time can be accepted.
- Bear in mind that I have only 2000 Volapük words on my database, so you may be disappointed if looking for (say) 'duvet' or 'sparrow' or even 'cake'. On the plus-side, most of the basics are covered (pigeon, cigar, goose...and 'recently deceased')
- Steer well clear of lengthy composite Volapük words - break them down into parts if possible: yagadog is a composite of yagön - to hunt - and (unsurprisingly) 'dog' = a hunting dog; pükedavödik means 'proverbial' - but you'd never guess it. I'm sorry.
- You can submit numerals (eg 12345) for a translation from English into (beautifully long) Volapük words.
- Make use of the buttons with umlauts on them - clicking one inserts the relevant letter to the end of your input text.